The always-fashionable Stephanie from Twenty-Something is joining us today to share her resolutions! Welcome, Steph!
For many people, the New Year symbolizes a new start. It’s the perfect time to commit to a fitness routine, or vow to do that one thing you’ve always wanted to do and just haven’t gotten around to yet. But who says we should just be limited to ONE resolution? Why not have multiples? That’s why I was immediately on board when Lauren asked me to post about my beauty and fashion resolutions for this year. Here are my top 5:
- Stick with my skin care regimen: I have combination skin that is somewhat sensitive, so finding beauty products that work can sometimes feel like an impossible feat. Luckily, I’ve finally found some great products that work so I’m vowing to stay true to my regimen. (Products from L to R: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5)
- Mix prints: This trend has been around for a while but I just haven’t felt bold enough to try it yet. What better time to give it a whirl than now in a brand new year?
- Try red lips: This isn’t the first time I’ve mentioned wanting to try red lips. In fact, much like print mixing, it’s a trend I’ve been dying to try for months. With so many shades available I’m sure it will take some time to find the perfect one, but I am a woman on a mission!
- Don’t be afraid of breaking the rules: In college, many of my photography professors offered up this piece of advice “know the rules – then break them.” This certainly applies to fashion and sometimes breaking the rules can help you find your personal style. I’m determined to push the boundaries a little this year. Fashion is meant to be FUN, after all.
- Sport sequins and sparkle year round: In the past, I’ve always reserved sparkly tights and sequin tops for the holidays, but this year I’m ready to shine all year. A sparkly manicure is perfect for a week at the beach, and why not try a sequin top or flats at the office?
What are YOUR beauty and fashion resolutions this year?
Thank you so much for sharing your resolutions, Stephanie!
Looking for a blog that captures fashion, DIYs, and honest posts about twenty-something life? Subscribe to Steph’s blog and you won’t be disappointed!