Happy New Year’s and welcome to resolution week on Fizz and Frosting! I’m kicking the New Year off right with some beauty and fashion-related resolutions that I can stick to (because let’s be honest, vowing to skip the french fries at my favorite restaurant never lasts more than a few weeks). So without further ado, my top five resolutions for 2013:
1. I vow to wear red lipstick for more than just the holidays. Red is year-round appropriate and I will embrace it.
2. I will be more creative with using my “out-of-season” pieces. I started this year, but next year I’ll do even better. Under the bed boxes, be gone.
3. Speaking of under the bed boxes, I will be better about getting rid of clothing I never wear. If it hides under my bed nine months out of the year, I probably don’t need it. (And when I say “get rid,” that does not mean that they will stay in boxes in the guest room all year. I won’t let myself get away with that kind of laziness in 2013!)
4. I promise to actually visit some thrift stores in Richmond. There are plenty only a few miles from my house that sell quality, high end merchandise, and I’m determined to save some bucks. Hey, I might even consign some things I’m ready to part with!
5. I vow to be more adventurous with my hair. The last several months I’ve been in “sock bun, straighten, curl, repeat” mode. I’d really like to mix it up and add more styles in my repotoire.
Looking to be inspired by more fashion and beauty resolutions? Well, you’re in luck. This week some of my favorite bloggers will be visiting the blog to offer up their resolutions, so be sure to stick around and mix up your routine with us!