There is just something about the warmer months, when I spend a little less time attempting to tame my mane. Maybe it’s the insane amount of heat and humidity that I don’t feel like battling or maybe it’s just pure laziness. Regardless of the reason, I’ve found these top five quick fixes to get me out of the door without looking like a complete mess.
1. The naturally dried waves. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you see it), my hair has natural wave to it. There are some days, (ahem, this morning), when the most I have time to do is spritz a little leave-in conditioner and add some frizz tamer before heading out the door. This is probably the laziest of all lazy hairstyles, and perhaps the most unkempt. But eh? Some days it just happens.Outfit details here
2. The plain ole pony. Whether worn low or high, it’s a classic that I’ve been rocking since pre-k. Why fight a good thing?Outfit details here
3. The braided pony. If I’m feeling a little extra fancy (aka. have two additional minutes), I’ll add a braid to my classic ponytail. There are several variations: the mini side braid, the french side braid, and the half french-half ponytail. If I’m super-fancy, I might even make that braided pony into a bun. More on that in a minute…Outfit details here, here
4. The bun. For a while there, the sock bun and I were BFFs. I loved how thick and long it made my hair look, but lately I’ve been unfaithful. I find myself straying in favor of a messy bun. Don’t get me wrong, the sock bun still rocks, but now that my hair is a bit longer it looks pretty darn good in a regular bun. And messy buns are even quicker than sock buns, so maybe that explains that.Outfit details here, here
5. A braid. There are just so many endless options with braids, but as a creature of habit, I often stick with a french braid, a side braid or a side fishtail braid. The benefit of braids is that they can often turn into second-day hair waves. And who doesn’t love only styling their hair once in two days?Outfit details here, here
Tell me, what are your favorite lazy day hairstyles?