Moody Mix: Black Tee with a Printed Pencil Skirt

Ever have one of those quick throw-on outfits that you put together last minute and end up loving? That’s what this was to me… Until I hit the right light (half way through the day, mind you) and realized that a little extra coverage probably would have been ideal. Oops.how wear tshirt to workI can’t even say this is the first time it’s happened. Ocassionally there is a little VPL action going on at work too, mostly because I don’t take the time to look at all the angles when I’m in a hurry. Sigh. I guess I learned my lesson with this one. Lighting, people. Test it. Especially if you’re headed to the office! I hid out at my desk the rest of the day. In theory though, I really do love this combination! It’s simple, but it works.j.crew printed skirt, black top, tights to workballet look for worklayered metallic necklacedeep scoop black shirt with pencil skirtTop: Nordstrom (similar), Skirt: J.Crew Factory (option), Tights: via Marshalls (similar), Shoes: Hollywould by Target (similar), Necklace: Stella & Dot Sutton, Bracelet: Stella & Dot Renegade, Earrings: Stella & Dot Nancy Stud

Ever have a wardrobe mishap in the office?

**Don’t forget to enter the $50 J.Crew giveaway!**

*Linking up with Lauren

30 thoughts on “Moody Mix: Black Tee with a Printed Pencil Skirt

1. Rebecca

This is such a gorgeous outfit! It’s so classy! And the necklace is so so pretty 🙂

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Haha I literally do this ALL the time–sometimes I don’t figure it out until I walk into the bathroom at work (which happens to have horrible lighting) and then it’s too late. Oh well–you still look adorable!

3. jenn

We’ve all had those days. And even though it only shows up in certain lighting, you’re constantly worried about it ALL DAY anytime someone talks to you… the worst. But what are you gunna do? At least the outfit is cute!-

4. Alissa

My entire 18th birthday photos I refuse to show to people because apparently the camera flash revealed that I was wearing a white bra. It totally happens!

5. Jacquelyn @justjacq

I have that with a simple purple vneck T from Gap. I always throw it on when I’m in a rush and then when I go to the bathroom at work with all of that lovely harsh lighting I remember that my shirt is see through in the bust!

6. jackie

definitely been there before! i’ll either find out something is a little too see through or there is a random hole. oops!
    — jackie @ jade and oak

7. maya

Bahahaha, oh girl – we’ve all been there! You are still the cutest though – and I’m totally jealous of your top bun….it’s so so good! xx