Pastels with Edge

One thing that I really love about a good leather (or faux leather!) jacket is that it instantly adds an edge to any outfit and can provide balance to the girliest colors, fabrics, and prints. In this case, it was the perfect topper to add some “cool factor” to a pretty mint blouse.how to wear mint in winterSo can pastels be edgy? Heck yes! I mean, I know I would hardly fit in at any old biker bar, but this is about as edgy as this girl gets.mint blouse with leather jacketspring fashion pastelspastels with edge springmix pastels with leather for edgemix silver gold jewelryTop: via Marshalls (similar), Jacket: Pins & Needles (similar), Pants: Motherhood Maternity (similar, non-maternity option), Heels: J.Crew (similar), Necklace: via Etsy, Earrings: Stella & Dot Seychelles, Bracelets: Stella & Dot Eden Bangle, Christina Link

*Linking up with the Pleated Poppy, Shanna, Bethany, Tara*

29 thoughts on “Pastels with Edge

1. Harlynn

Wow!! You look amazing!
    Who would have thought that kind of fit shirt would work with an edgy jacket?!
    I love this look. c:

Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

2. Val @ Chicken Scratch

I’m obsessed with every single aspect of this look. You wear that pastel solo well. I’m so jealous. I’m so porcelain skinned and I just don’t feel like I can wear them. Seriously though, you look fab!

3. Linda Cassidy

Loving the jacket, it is such a great combo, the leather and pastel look. The necklace is eyecatching, I know you indicated Etsy but where exactly did you get it??

4. Rachel

I love the idea of edging up a pastel blouse with a leather jacket! So chic and such a great idea! I will definitely be copying this sometime soon 🙂

5. Ashley

I love the combination of pastels and leather! Pastels always feel too sweet for me, and a lot of leather and black feels to edgy, so combining them in the perfect thing! You look great!

6. Jacy

I love the edge that a little leather jacket can instantly add, and I love the chic contrast between a feminine blouse and an edgier jacket! This look is right up my alley – so cute!

7. Rita

Lauren girl! This mint color looks stunning on you! As do those pants! Hot mama! Definitely love the edge the leather jacket adds! 🙂

8. Lauren

Lauren you look fantastic!! I am totally obsessed with that style of leather jacket right now. I absolutely LOVE mine too! I like the darkness of your outfit with your light blue top to balance everything out. Love it!
    Lauren