Ladies, can we talk about… our girls? Bra shopping has always been the bane of my existence. And is it just me or is it nearly impossible to find one that fits properly that you love? I’ve always held onto my bras for entirely too long just because finding a new one feels like an impossible task.
But after partnering with Kohl’s, I had a bit of an epiphany: I’ve been wearing the wrong bra size. I guess it’s not all that uncommon since it’s estimated that 80% of women are wearing the wrong size as well. Honestly, I can’t even remember the last time I had a fitting, but with a tape measure and the easy Kohl’s guide I was able to do it on my own at home! Two quick measurements later, I found out that I had been buying bras in a too-big band size for years.
Could you be wearing the wrong size too? Here are some common issues that will let you know it’s time for a fitting!
1. Do the cups of your bra wrinkle? It’s time to adjust that cup size down.
2. Does the band of your bra ride up in the back? Are you able to pull the straps more than two inches away from your rib cage? Decrease that band size! (Don’t forget to up the cup size too! 36B would translate to a 34C when sizing down!)
3. Does the under wire push away from your body? (It should be laying flat against your rib cage.) Does the wire dig into your side? Do your cups runneth over? These are all signs that your cup size is too small. Time to bump it up!
4. Have you lost or gained 7+ pounds? Your bra size has likely changed!
5. Do you bras show any signs of fraying or stretching? Are you having to adjust the band to keep the fit the same? It’s time to go bra shopping!
Although I admit that my band was riding up in the back, I was still in denial over wearing the wrong size until I hit the dressing room. I was incredibly surprised to find that my new measurements were accurate and resulted in a comfortable fit. You can call me a convert.
When is the last time you were fit for a bra?
*I partnered with Kohl’s for this post, but all opinions are my own!