39 Weeks Pregnancy Update

To say that I’m happy that Week 38 is over would be a major understatement. It was incredibly… eventful to say the least.39 week bumpdate

I hadn’t been feeling all that well early in the week (off and on nausea) and noticed baby’s movement was a bit less than normal. I mentioned my concern at my scheduled Tuesday OB appointment and was put on a NST to monitor baby’s fetal movement. Baby was definitely a little less active than normal so they continued to monitor me while I snacked on crackers and ginger ale to perk her up. They set up a sonogram appointment as I documented every one of baby’s movements that I felt. All of the sudden I became very light-headed. I didn’t have a moment to day a word. I went to lean back on the exam table and to take a breath. Moments later I woke up on the floor of the exam room surrounded by my doctor and her staff of nurses.

Taking every precaution, they sent me straight to Labor and Delivery on a stretcher and in a neck brace in an ambulance. I spent the next several hours being seen by everyone from radiology for x-rays, neurology for hitting my head, cardiology, several OBs, and a sonogram technician to monitor the baby. I was also held for over 24 hours to continue monitoring the baby. Through the Grace of God, every single test came back clear and I was released on Wednesday.L&D

I can’t even describe the range of emotions that I went through this week. This was probably the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to me as I worried greatly not only about my own health but that of my baby. Even after being discharged, I’ve still been feeling unsure, less than confident, and conflicted. Knowing that I’ll most likely be heading back to the hospital in several days weighs heavy on my heart, even though I know that the next trip will be for good reason. It was just a lot to take in and difficult to process since most of it felt like an out-of-body experience.

If you asked me just a few days ago if I was ready to give birth, I would have given you a resounding yes and gone through a list of symptoms I’ve been spotting for pre-labor. Today I feel like I could definitely wait just a little bit longer, keeping her safe and protected in my belly. The fear and worry I’ve felt over the past several days has at times felt insurmountable. At the same time, I’m frustrated with myself for losing that joy and excitement about meeting my baby girl.

As we enter in this “last week” of pregnancy, I just ask that you say a little prayer or send out some good thoughts for baby and I. We are so blessed to being doing so well health-wise and I can only pray that will continue as we face delivery in the next week or two.

28 thoughts on “39 Weeks Pregnancy Update

1. Mica

Oh you must have been so shaken up! I’m glad you and baby are okay, what a scary thing to experience. Sounds like you were in good hands though, and in the best place to be for something to happen – with a doctor who knew what to do!

Rest up these last few days until your due date and take some time to recover!

2. Inge

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about your difficult week. I am relieved that everything turned out to be okay but I’m sure it was draining. Take care of yourself and rest up, little girl will make her arrival when the time is right.

3. JC

That sounds terrifying. I am so sorry that this happened to you, but I’m sure it will all be fine. You are strong, and you look so beautiful, your little one is sure to be just like you. I wish you all the blessings!!

4. Tarah

I’m glad you’re both OK. It’s scary becoming a new parent, there is a huge learning curve for sure. We’ve all been there (moms that is) and we’ve all had the same thoughts, the same fears, the same doubts, the same struggles. You WILL figure it out, just be kind to yourself & give yourself, & baby, time to learn what works best for you.

And everyone says it – I know – but they say it because it’s true. Cherish each moment, because it goes by so fast. I’ll be celebrating my second son’s 2nd birthday in a few weeks. It feels like just yesterday I was in your shoes with my oldest!

5. kristin

Father I pray that you will wrap your loving arms around Lauren and the sweet child inside of her. Please give her strength during the last days of her pregnancy and during her delivery as well. Thank you for her health and for the health of the baby. Lord please comfort her and keep her and let your presence known during her times of worry. You are so good and so loving and we thank you for all that you have done for her during this pregnancy. Thank you Father. Amen.

6. Kristie

Oh my goodness, how frightening!!! I am so glad that you and baby girl are okay. I will keep you in my thoughts to have a peaceful and calming labor/delivery. Big hugs!

7. Ashley

Oh no! That is awful! I am SO GLAD that everything turned out okay and that you and the baby are healthy. But yes, keep her in your safe belly as long as you can. Definitely praying, Lauren!

8. Stephanie F

Thank God that you are all ok.

Parenting is one of the hardest jobs in the world, but equally rewarding. I totally understand wanting to “keep her safe”. Every thing will be ok. Xoxo

9. Meghan

I’m so sure that you and baby will be absolutely fine! I’m so glad that you’re both OK. Even if you’re not ready, I can’t wait to meet the baby!

10. Sharon

Oh my gosh, how scary! Glad all the tests came back clear and you and the baby are both doing well. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts!

-Sharon

11. Fashionista Momma

I literally got the chills when you said you fell. I am so glad to hear you are ok. Praying for you and your little babe for a easy and smooth delivery and that you both remain safe in this last week. xo ~ Megan

12. J @ Bless Her Heart Y'all

Oh my gosh! I’m so glad that you and baby girl are okay. That is so scary and traumatic. I hope your excitement comes back before the delivery, but I understand the change in feelings 100%. I love your idea of pulling a fall leather vest into a summer dress to make it a transitional outfit. Very cute idea!

Oh my gosh, Lauren! That must have been terrifying for you! I’m SO glad that you and baby are ok, but I had tears in my eyes just reading this. I can’t even imagine. I will be thinking of you and praying that you have an easy labor and a very healthy baby!!!

14. Andrea

My prayers are with you and the baby! Everything will be fine! Rest up and take it easy the next few days. Wishing you and the baby the best!