Ever since starting my styling sessions, one of the top requests I’ve received is to style Spanx leggings! They’re a three-season staple in my wardrobe from fall through winter, but even I get in a styling rut from time to time! So, I really broke it down, determining my top four outfit formulas. And then I took those formulas to create over 20 Spanx leather leggings outfits! The best part is that these 22 outfits are just the beginning! Using my formulas, you can create so many more unique looks that will kick your leggings outfit boredom! Let’s get started!
Outfit Formula One: Leggings + Tee + Outfit Topper
You can’t get any more basic than this combination, but it also makes it one of the easiest to mix and match. And although the looks are on the more casual end compared to some of the others, there are no shortage of options. For outfit toppers, a few of my favorites are a button down, a puffer vest, long cardigans, and denim jackets! As for the tee, my main recommendation is to pick a relaxed fit tee that is long enough to cover your crotch and booty!
1. Tee with a puffer vest
2. Tee with a denim jacket
3. Tee with an open plaid top
4. Tee with a plaid and denim jacket
5. Tee with a plaid top wrapped at the waist
6. Tee with a long cardigan
7. Tee with a leather jacket
Outfit Formula Two: Leggings + Button Down + Outfit Topper
What I love about this combination is that it’s the most versatile! You can keep it super-casual with sneakers, but it can also be dressed up! Depending on how you layer and accessorize, this formula can take you to from the pickup line at school to date nights, events, and more! Again, I always go for a tunic length version! Try patterns, solids, chambray, or even blouse-like tunics with these looks!
8. Button Down with a puffer vest
9. Button down with a leather jacket
10. Button down with denim jacket
11. Button down with a layered sweater
12. Button down with a sweater and a leather jacket
13. Button down with a sweater and a denim jacket
14. Button down with a sweater vest
Outfit Formula Three: Leggings + Sweater + Outfit Topper
To keep it really cozy, I love pairing leggings with a sweater! Turtlenecks are my preferred go-to, but any tunic length sweater will do here! One thing I love about these looks is that they can be very dressy! I’m more of a flats girl, but you could easily swap for heels for a night out!
16. Sweater with a leather leggings
17. Sweater with a puffer vest
18. Sweater with a denim jacket
19. Sweater with a sweater vest
Outfit Formula Four: Leggings + Sweatshirt + Outfit Topper
If you love a more athletic casual look, then these options are for you! They’re perfect for every day, but I also love that they could take you from the gym to the rest of your day! Both crew neck or hoodie sweatshirts work for all of these outfits!
21. Sweatshirt with puffer vest
22. Sweatshirt with a leather jacket
Want more style sessions? See them here!
What is your favorite type of leggings outfit?