Very Berry and Bright

Oh my gosh, y’all. I wore pants. To work.

J.Crew cafe capri work wear

Are you surprised? Yea, me too.

color block work wear

Blazer with cafe Capri

Blazer: Madewell (on the cheap), Pants: J.Crew Cafe Capri, Top: Merona, Necklace: J. Crew (on the cheap!), Shoes: J.Crew Valentina Pump, Headband: Old Navy (similar)

Maybe it was the bright berry color and slim fit, but these Cafe Capris made me feel ladylike and feminine. Plus adding a touch of lace made me almost forget about my pencil skirt obsession.

Now that I broke my skirt streak, I’m ready to do it again, especially since I picked up some more fun pants from the J.Crew warehouse over the weekend. This may be premature, but consider me a convert.

When it comes to work wear, do you stick to skirts and dresses or are you all about the trousers?

46 thoughts on “Very Berry and Bright

1. Eriel

Amazing post!!i really love the pics!
    My congrats dear for your blog!

INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!
    CHIC STREET CHOC

2. Jess @UsedYorkCity

Wow, I love those pants! I should really try a bold color like that this season:-) For work I usually stick with trousers during the winter (I do a lot of walking and it gets COLD in NYC!), but love it when the weather warms up in May and I can comfortably shift back to cute dresses and skirts.

3. Pearls and Lace

Pants or not, you look gorgeous Lauren! If you’re going to wear pants, then you picked the right color! And of course, I’m completely smitten with your necklace – love the color!

xo jen

4. Stephanie

So pretty! (and I’m jealous that you can wear that without the winter boots and jacket this time of year!)

I used to be half and half for pants/dresses when I worked. Now that I’m at uni full-time, I just wear jeans and layered tops.

5. Alyssa @ Ten Feet Off Beale

I NEVER wear pants to work… I think if I had some cute berry colored ones I might though!! These are so cute!!

6. Maya

You are so stinking cute! I love those pants – they are perfect for a day at the office without being drab. I’m also in love with those beautiful pink heels!

xx,