Layering Stripes and Chambray

When I recently saw this post by Miriam, I was instantly inspired. I had all of the pieces and knew it was a look I could easily execute. Stripes and chambray together? A total win in my book.

layering button down under dressOf course I had to make my version a little more cool weather-friendly since it’s so darn chilly! (And I had to add my S&D Spring Awakening necklace for no other reason thanย my unhealthy obsession.)

chambray under dress

wearing chambray with dress

stripes and chambray dressTop: J.Crew, Dress: Old Navy similar – $10! (seen here, here), Belt: J.Crew (similar), Boots: J.Crew, Necklace: Stella & Dot Spring Awakening, Earrings: Stella & Dot Gigi, Bracelets: Stella & Dot Gilded Arrow, Christina link

dress and chambrayBeing inspired by other bloggers is probably one of my favorite parts of blogging. Forget celebrities and models, y’all have way better style!

47 thoughts on “Layering Stripes and Chambray

Loved this look and how you layered the chambray under the dress. Great idea.

2. Jen {Pearls and Lace}

I love that striped dress and how nicely you layered it for the not quite spring weather!

xo jen

3. Susie

I am really digging the stripes and chambray combo โ€“ย two of my favorite things! And the pop of color from the necklace is perfect.

Sea and Swank

4. Dina Karivalis (@DKarivalis)

Such a great way to transition a dress! I actually do this all the time with my chambray shirts. I love your look here and that fabulous necklace!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

5. Anne Rascher

Hey!
    I love that outfit! I love: stripes, leggings, and boots. So cute! Wish I had that whole outfit!
    By the way, the Tiny Heart sent me!

6. Vanessa

This outfit looks really lovely. I could never pull off a shirt underneath a dress but it looks great on you!

I love this look! I layer my chambray shirt under and over just about everything. That dress is so cute!! And I love it with the boots! And of course, a little bit of color with your necklace!

8. Sheila

Great look! I love Miriam’s style too. ๐Ÿ™‚ You did a great job on the outfit! I love wearing Chambray and stripes!!

I found your blog via The Tiny Heart! ๐Ÿ™‚