Virginia Wine: Veritas

Aaron and I had quite the busy weekend visiting his alma mater for alumni weekend. To top it off, we decided to take a little detour on our ride home to visit Veritas Winery in Afton. Given that Veritas is located a little further from us than a lot of the Charlottesville-area wineries, we hadn’t made it there before. But let me tell you, it was well worth the drive. Not only do they have fantastic wine, but the views are truly spectacular. Veritas vineyard Virginia property

Their tasting room was also lovely, complete with a large wood-burning fireplace and plenty of seating.

tasting room veritas vineyards

veritas winery2

veritas white star

We particularly enjoyed the White Star and Claret, but honestly I could have left with a bottle of any one of their wines without a complaint.

veritas vineyards beautiful view

veritas outside seating area

I know that we will be making the drive again in the future because Veritas is top-notch all the way around. And really, driving through Charlottesville’s beautiful mountains for an extra twenty minutes, isn’t something to complain about.

charlottesville overlook

charlottesville scenic overlook

How did y’all spend your weekend?

17 thoughts on “Virginia Wine: Veritas

1. Rachel

I went bra shopping this weekend, so I think it’s safe to say your weekend beat mine 🙂 haha visiting a winery is on my list for this summer though!

The scenery here reminds me of where I went to school…so pretty! I love going to wineries, but I haven’t been in a while. Definitely need to plan another trip!

3. Maria

WOW. These photos are gorgeous. I can’t get over it… I’m definitely jealous of how you spent your weekend. Mine was spent with friends and lots and lots of booze – it was my birthday!

xx
    M

4. Jenna

This looks like such an amazing way to spend your weekend. I love going to wineries, I may have to make a trip out to Virginia for this one. And if your ever in Northern California, Napa and Sonoma Valley are a must for wine tastings!

5. anngelik

Lovely pictures! That places looks amazing and so does your outfit, very casual chic.

-Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

6. Jen {Pearls and Lace}

Wow it’s absolutely beautiful! I always love seeing your winery photos, it makes me wish we lived closer to more wineries so we could do wine tastings more often! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

xo jen

7. Maya

What a beautiful trip – it looks like you had an amazing time 🙂 I’m seriously lusting over a weekend away….I’m going to have to make it happen soon!

xx,
    Maya

8. Fierce & Fashionable

I LOVE wineries! So so so want to go to one this weekend! 🙂

xx Michelle

Fierce & Fashionable

9. Peet

Oh, I envy you!! I’m a huge wine aficionado but my bf hates it so we never do things like these… Stunning views too.
    Hope you’re having a great day, sweetie.;)