Peplum for the Office

I’ve mentioned before that I have a little love affair with peplum, but this is one of my favorite ways to wear it. There is just something so feminine about wearing peplum with a pencil skirt!

j.crew black pencil skirt with animal print topI just love how the straighter skirt accentuates the flirtiness of ruffle. Plus, the combination creates a beautiful hourglass shape. Can’t go wrong with that, right?wear spring awakening necklacesleeveless peplum for the officemodern way wear pencil skirthow wear animal print peplumspring awakening with animal printWhat’s your favorite way to wear peplum?

Top: Mossimo, Skirt: J.Crew No. 2 Pencil, Shoes: J.Crew Viv (similar), Necklace: Stella & Dot Spring Awakening, Bracelet: Stella & Dot Renegade, Earrings: Stella & Dot Gigi Studs

*Linking up with Shanna, the Pleated Poppy,Β Alison, Meghan, Amber, & Tara*

42 thoughts on “Peplum for the Office

1. AJ

I don’t own a peplum top, but I would totally pair it with a pencil skirt or skinny jeans. Love this on you!!

-AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

2. Beauties unlocked

This is such a flatter look and inlove the pop of colour with the accessories!

Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

3. Megan

Cute! I don’t own a lot of peplum tops, but I love how you styled this πŸ™‚ And that necklace is SO pretty!

4. Katie

Yay! Loving how you paired this peplum tank! It definitely is feminine but fun…especially with the pop of bright color on the necklace!

5. Dina Karivalis (@DKarivalis)

Such a cute outfit. I am a big fan of peplum as well!
    xo DIna
    Sweetest SomethingsΒ

6. Molly Ever After

I feel like I’m the only person out there who looks awful in peplum tops/dresses. I have a big bust and a small waist and small hips, so I feel like the peplum just makes my top half look huge.

I have one really cute peplum top that I just got, but that’s it! I have to say, it’s been one trend I haven’t totally converted to, simply because I can’t always find a top that I love! This one is adorable on you!

8. Kat

So pretty – I totally agree that there is something super feminine about peplum. What a great work look. xx Kat

Love and Ace

Gorgeous outfit. Love the peplum top on you. Great stella and dot bling πŸ™‚

Dont’ forget to stop by and link up and enter my Children’s place giveaway. And please vote for me in the Wallis contest.

10. Lacey

I really think I could pull peplum off. It’s one of those trends where I think that right when I get on board it will go out of style, so I’ve been hesitant. But I think this looks so good on you and I wear pencils skirts everyday for work in the summer. Plus I could use a little volume around my hips.

I love a peplum top with a pencil skirt! I feel so girly and cute LOL. It is my favorite way to wear peplum because it is so figure flattering! Also, I love your necklace!

12. Lauren @ Style of One's Own

You look great in peplum! Love how you’ve styled it here. Sadly, I do not look good in peplum. I have a smaller waist and gigantic wide hips so it is just NOT pretty. So I have to admire from afar.

Lauren