It’s ridiculously cold outside. I bet you knew that, huh? This whole “polar vortex” thing just ain’t for me. I mean, I do live in the South after all. Since I haven’t discovered a master plan to keep Virginia perpetually above 40 degrees at all times, I’ve found some items that I can’t live without when it gets cold. Even single digit temps can’t get me to completely abandon my fashionista ways. So here are my tips for keep warm while still lookin’ cute.
1. A cute yet functional coat. This is a no-brainer but the most important on the list. Afterall, your jacket might end up being the only piece people are able to focus on when the rest of your adorable outfit is well under wraps. My favorite? A stadium-cloth coat from J.Crew.
2. Fleece-lined tights and leggings. I really do love my Urban Outfitters fleece-lined tights, but for the coldest of days, the only thing I’ll wear is thicker fleece-lined leggings. The ones I purchased from Target are super-soft, cozy and thick. Yet they lay flat enough to wear under dresses and skirts.
3. Boots – with tread. I typically stick with my Corso Como leather riding boots since they can be worn to the office and have enough tread to keep me from slipping around. But for running around town, there is nothing higher on my list than Hunter boots. I’ve also been loving how Bean Boots are back in a big way.
4. Accessorize: gloves, hats, and scarves. Since I spend minimal time outdoors during the day, I typically just stick to bundling up in a scarf, but any additional time in the elements means more layers for me! Did I mention I’m not a cold weather person?
5. Go animal style. Really want to amp up the warmth factor? Go for faux fur and faux leather accessories!
How do you keep warm in cold weather?