Shorts & a Utility Vest

I’ve been feeling a bit uninspired lately with my Summer wardrobe. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been enjoying the more minimalist approach with shorts, tees, and dainty jewelry, but I was looking for a way to add a little something extra. Enter my trust cargo vest. I tend to forget about it, but it always helps me feel a bit more put together. It’s such a great completer piece!

styling a cargo vest for summer via @fizzandfrosting

Tank: Everlane, Vest: Old Navy (similar), Shorts: Paige Denim, Shoes: identical, Necklace: Kendra Scott, Earrings: Kendra Scott, Bracelet: Stella & Dot, Bag: Gigi New York

wear a utility jacket for summer via @fizzandfrostingcargo vest with shorts via @fizzandfrostingmonogram tassel clutch via @fizzandfrostingways to wear a utility vest for summer via @fizzandfrosting

You’ve seen me style this piece countless times. Be sure to check out my other cargo vest posts for some additional inspiration!

Now I’d love to see how you’re remixing your wardrobe!fashion linkup Mondays

Linkup Rules:

1. Follow your host Fizz and Frosting (via Bloglovin’ or Instagram)
  2. Share a post, showing how you remixed an item – a top, skirt, jeans, purse, shoes — it’s completely up to you! Want to share a collage? Go for it!
  3. Link back to this post with a text link or by sharing the linkup button!
  4. I’d love for you to tweet using #MixItMon so I can help promote your posts!

Want to co-host in the future? Please email Lauren at lauren@fizzandfrosting.com and use the subject MIX IT MONDAYS!

32 thoughts on “Shorts & a Utility Vest

1. Amy

I LOVE this look! I have been looking for a vest like that for awhile now. I wish Old Navy still carried them. Love your necklace too!

2. Ree

This is a cute look! Jean shorts and a t-shirt are my island uniform, so I completely understand the need to mix things up!

3. Anett

I have almost exactly the same cargo waistcoat, only mine is from H&M. Thanks for the tip on pairing it with shorts — I’ll use it as a layering piece one it’s shorts weather again. I hope that the summer isn’t over here in Oslo yet, but it’s really cold out there today… 😉 As always, thanks for hosting the linkup!

Anett | Tall Girl’s Fashion

4. Meghan

Vests have been my way to add interest (complete) an outfit without adding tons of uncomfortable and hot layers. This weather is the pits!

5. Shea

You’re right, the cargo vest is such a great completer piece any time of year. This is reminding me that I need to pull mine out, I haven’t worn it in a while!

6. Lee

Loveee the cargo vest! I know what you mean about getting in a summer style rut with the shorts & tees – I also always go with the addition of a vest to change it up! Lately I’ve been pairing a denim vest with a lot of my looks!

Xo
    Lee | LegalLee Blonde

7. Robin

This outfit looks fab on you and I love that vest! I just bought that necklace at Nordstrom for the half yearly sale. It looks even better in person!