A Case of the Blahs

I’ve been suffering from a serious case of the blahs. What’s that? Well it looks something like this…

black corduroy skinnies outfit

…just little less goofy and a little more blue.

Returning from vacation has been overwhelming: the hundreds of unread emails, the fact that everyone thinks their question or request is the most important thing ever, the post-vacation blues … It all piles up to big feeling of blech, blah, ugh.

But perhaps the somewhat comforting thing is that I am not alone in these feelings. According to a study by UK psychologist Cliff Arnall, this is the most depressing week of the year topped of by Blue Monday on the 21st. With the holidays officially over and not a vacation day in sight, I can see why I’m not the only one wishing I was in a perma-snuggle with my dogs on the couch.

So for the meantime I’m here, but not really feeling completely here. I’m just chugging along, hoping to shake the blahs off soon.

How are y’all faring with your transition back to work? What do you do to shake off a lingering case of the blahs?

21 thoughts on “A Case of the Blahs

Coming back from a vacation or even a trip home always sucks…I get so grumpy! Usually I just wait until I work my way out of it, but if that doesn’t work, just get a mani–there’s nothing that won’t fix! 🙂

2. Olivia

Haha, loved this post! Loved how you layered the polka dot blouse with that sweater..super cute!

xo Olivia
    This Looks Good On You

3. Lacey

Oh the blahs, I definitely get them. To get out of a rut I try to keep myself busy. I create a girl’s night out with friends, make date plans with the husband, etc. It gives me small things here and there to look forward to.
    -Lacey

4. Stephanie

You,re so cute 🙂 But I hear ya. Feeling blah sucks. And this time of year especially. I hope you feel better soon!

5. Rachel

That photo is funny, but still cute! haha I think we all get in “moods” especially when we have to go back to work. I usually just try to schedule fun things after work so I have something to look forward to. Or bring/buy something yummy for lunch!

6. Jenn

I feel you girl! It’s hard to shake. I usually feel better after I do a good apartment cleaning… I know I know. Nobody really likes to clean, but heading to bed on a clean-sheet Sunday night and waking up to a fresh home just makes me feel better on Monday.

7. Casey

I completely understand how you feel! Yesterday, I was so exhausted and just wanted to cry! It’s nice to know I’m not alone in that sentiment! By the way, I love your blog, Lauren! I think this actually be my first time commenting but it’s so fab!
    xo, Casey
    Champagne Dreams, Boxed Wine Budget

8. Franziska

Sorry to hear about the blahs. I feel you – every day seems to drag on and I just look forward to leaving work every day to realize I don’t have much to look forward to at home (except internet access and my puppies but STILL). That being said, if I had those shoes, I’d be dancing around in glee – they are too cute!

9. Jen {Pearls and Lace}

Ugh I feel the exact same way! I keep on wishing we were either back in December with all of the pretty Christmas decorations and festivities or close to spring so the weather would be nicer. Definitely need to find some way of injecting some energy into my day to day routine!

xo jen