Tied With a Bow Belt

When I recently saw Jessica in her bow-belted pink dress, I was inspired. I’d been lusting after Kate Spade’s bow belt for a while now, but let’s be honest. There was no way I was going to drop $68 on a belt, regardless of how cute it was. So instead of pouting about my limited budget, I found a quick and easy solution: I tied a skinny belt into a bow!yellow madewell pumpsSure, it’s not a perfect bow, but it’s close enough for me. And the fact that I was able to use something I already had in my closet means scoring bonus points with the husband. (As a girl who loves to shop, I’ll take those bonus points where I can.)tie a belt as a bowhow to accessorize a shift dressyellow skinny bow beltsummer dress to workHave you ever bow-belted a dress?

Dress:Β Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx (similar,Β worn here), pumps: Madewell (similar), Belt: J.Crew (similar), Necklace: J.Crew (similar), Bracelets: Stella & Dot Eden Bangle, Christina Link

*Linking up with Shanna, The Pleated Poppy, & Amber!*

48 thoughts on “Tied With a Bow Belt

Stop. It. You are so cute! I love how you tied the belt, and the watercolor pattern on this dress is so lovely. I want this outfit in my closet!

I’m with you – I can’t fathom spending that much on a belt. I love that you were proactive and decided to make your own bow belt! It turned out great and I love the outfit!

3. Alissa

I love the print of the dress. I have a dress similar to this and I also have to belt it to make it feel pulled together. Isn’t it amazing what one little accent will do?

4. Liz {What Dress Code?}

Such a cute idea! I have a few skinny belts that I don’t wear nearly enough and this is the perfect refresher spin on it!

5. Stephanie @ My Freckled Life

LOVE this idea!! I think that the bow looks adorable, and totally looks like you bought it that way! I’m definitely going to have to try this out, because I LOVE that Kate Spade bow belt too!

6. Kat

Such a pretty and polished summer outfit! I love all the colors and that belt is the perfect touch! xx Kat

Love and Ace

Gorgeous dress. Love it with the belt.

Stop by and enter my giveaway for a fabulous pink link bracelet from Gigglosophy and link up tomorrow.

8. Maya

Hello, pretty lady! I am in love with the print and how your styled it with the bow belt – I’m going to have to try that too!

9. Tiffany Ima

I love this! The shoes are super adorable and that print is so cute! πŸ™‚

Tiffany Ima