Pink Plaid and Polka Dots

It’s no secret that I’m having a moment with pattern mixing, and honestly, I wish I could take credit for imagining today’s combination of plaid and polka dots out of thin air. But that would be slightly untrue, and I try to keep it real ’round these parts.

pink black and white print mixing for officeWhile folding laundry, I happened to place these pieces next to each other, and I instantly knew it was a combination that I had to wear. It was completely by chance but a lovely combination, ifidosaysomyself.

spring work wear

black and white pattern mixing spring trend

unique pencil skirt with button down springOutfit details top: J.Crew Factory, skirt: J.Crew Factory (similar), shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target, necklace: J.Crew, bracelets: Stella & Dot Eden Bangle, Cristina link

Have you ever found outfit inspiration while doing laundry?

*Linking up with Style Elixir, Northern Belle Diaries, The Pleated Poppy,Β and My Thrifty Chic*

55 thoughts on “Pink Plaid and Polka Dots

1. AJ

I have never had inspiration while folding laundry…I guess I’m usually just trying to hurry up and get it done! But this look is fab!

-AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

I love this combo–especially that skirt! Adding the pink gingham top made it a bit more fun and playful, but it still works perfectly for the office!

3. anngelik

I love this outfit because you were not afraid to mix prints and the color of the shirt adds the finishing touch!

-Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

4. Megan

I’ve definitely had styling epiphanies while folding laundry! These prints look great together πŸ™‚ And I loveeee those shoes!

5. Sofia

Great blog! Love how you combined these 2 patterns. It looks great.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I appreciate it.

Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

LOVE IT!!! You look SO SO cute! I really love your polka dot skirt. I want one similar! And isn’t it funny where you can find inspiration?

Absolutely love this outfit!!!! I also work a pink gingham shirt today. Don’t forget to enter my $300 giftcard giveaway to Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic. I’m hosting a link up on Thursday April 11. Hope you can join me.

8. Marlen

hahah i actually find inspiration with the mess on my floor! sometimes two pieces are next to each other and im like “hel-loooo”. and i LOVE this mix, it’s so cute and preppy- and very j crew catalog. also, was your necklace recent?! i have been hunting for one like that

xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

1. Lauren

NICE! Glad to see it’s not just me! I think I bought mine quite a while ago, but I’ve seen some similar ones on etsy and ebay!

9. Jenn

I really like this combo. Seems like a very happy accident! I’ve yet to come across something like this but I’m usually keeping myself busy by watching TV while folding laundry…maybe I should start paying more attention!
    Jenn
    With Luck Blog

10. kim

Too funny – nothing good every happens to me while folding, except getting a little warm on a cold day! Love the outfit and the pink gingham is adorable. Those shoes are also amazing – I don’t think I spotted them because I definitely would have snapped them up!

XO ~Kim @ popcosmo.com

11. Jyoti from Style Delights

Wow..love this outfit! Pattern mixing is an art and you nailed it here! And I so regret not getting prabal gurung for target shoes! He created a great capsule collection, didn’t he?
    BTW, I just realized from your blogger profile that u r in Richmond! I used to live there and we still own a place in West End! I miss good old sweet Virginia (and Virginians) here in New York!!
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

12. Lindsey

I really love the color and print combination! I found you through The Pleated Poppy.

XO
    justasmalltowngirlblog.blogspot.com

13. Natalia

Oh I love this! And how nice to find it during laundry! I mean at least it adds a little spark to it. You look very pretty and I wouldn’t have guessed them together until I saw them here. So so pretty!

14. good core workout routines

Hi, I do feel your internet site may be obtaining
    world wide web browser compatibility issues. When I look at your net internet site in
    Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in IE, it has some
    overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you a quick heads up!

Aside from that, great website!

15. Pingback: Mix it: Pink Gingham Oxford | By Lauren M